Bvckup is software for making backup copies of files and directories.
It is light and simple. It is also incredibly fast.
Features at a glance
- Real-time, scheduled and manual backups
- Very fast, delta file copying
- Excellent user interface
- Backup of locked files with shadow copying
- Removable device tracking
- Move/rename detection
- Windows XP and newer
- Full 64-bit support
- Run-as-a-service mode
- Symlink and junction support
- Ownership, group and DACL copying
- Fully asynchronous I/O
- Multi-core processing where required
- Optimized throughout for no run-time bloat
- Software update notifications
Ideal for making local backups,
backups going to external and removable drives
as well as to NAS devices.
If a backup goes to- or from- a removable storage device,
Bvckup will monitor for device removals and insertions
and will run the backup only if the original device is
It will also automatically adjust backup locations should
the original device appear under a different drive letter.
This basically means that once you configured a backup,
you can tuck the app into the systray and then run backup
by just plugging a USB drive as needed.
What it is and what it is not
Bvckup is not a two way sync. It doesn't compress,
encrypt or FTP files. Nor does it come with a restore
It does just one thing - it replicates the contents
of one directory into another - and it does this
exceptionally well. Give it a try and see for yourself.
Currently in public beta
- All beta releases are completely free
- 14 day trial once released
- $20 to buy for home use
- Dedicated licensing and support for enterprise use
1.4 MB, Beta 58
All beta users are eligible for special
upgrade pricing upon production release