The support forum

Release 79 discussion

May 04, 2018

*crickets*

Curly :

May 06, 2018

Good Stuff, Alex.

Appreciate the detailed tech explanation for this release and whilst I can't say I've been bothered about the performance of the previous versions, it's great to know that you and the team still care enough about this product to make it even better. Kudos to all involved.

mkrassner :

May 07, 2018

Hello I want to say that I am really enjoying the latest update. I am though getting the error: DeleteFile() failed with 0 all the time now. It does seem to delete the file on the target but still gives the error. I didn't get this with the prior builds.

Alex Pankratov :

May 07, 2018

DeleteFile() failed with 0

What's the context? Can you show an excerpt from the log?

If this happens for files in the backup itself, then it's almost certainly an antivirus having a seizure. "Failed with success" is a tell-tale sign of some 3rd party interfering with normal Windows operation.

mkrassner :

May 08, 2018

I only run Windows Defender (No 3rd part AV), I fixed the issue by re-scanning the destination snapshot.

Alex Pankratov :

May 08, 2018

@mkrassner - Ah, found it! It was a bug. DeleteFile() was indeed failing, it just reported the wrong error code

andyeaglebase :

May 29, 2018

Norton Antivirus reports bvackup2.exe as "behaving suspiciously"
(mentions Trojan SONAR.AM.C!g6) and recommends deleting it...? Any advice?

"A program is behaving suspiciously on your computer. We recommend that you choose to remove it". This file was released 8 days ago. This file risk is High.

Options are "remove this file" or "allow this program to continue"

Alex Pankratov :

May 29, 2018

Norton is infamous for a high false detection rate and general overly alarmist and scaremongering behavior. So much so that we had to add a special update channel to accommodate this lovely piece of antivirus software - https://bvckup2.com/support/forum/topic/900/4908 - except that Symantec now no longer accepts white-listing requests from vendors.

So my advice would be to switch away from Norton Antivirus and anything Symantec-made in general.  

In terms of validating their claims, you can take bvckup2.exe and run it through 50+ antiviruses at once over at https://virustotal.com and decide for yourself if it's a "trojan" or not.

andyeaglebase :

May 29, 2018

Thought that was probably the case, but worth mentioning. It does allow you to continue letting the program continue.

Create
Made by Pipemetrics in Switzerland
Support

Updates
Blog / RSS
Follow Twitter
Reddit
Miscellanea Press kit
Testimonials
Company Imprint

Legal Terms
Privacy