The support forum

Licensing changes

Jun 07, 2018

This is a thread for https://bvckup2.com/wip/07062018 post that lays out details of licensing changes that will ship as a part of the next release.

Any questions, thoughts or comments - post below.

rfgamaral :

Jun 12, 2018

The last paragraph states:

"Finally, all legacy licenses (of Personal and Professional types) will continue receiving all feature releases free of charge, just as they do now."

Does this mean that if I buy the Personal/Professional license right now (before you switch to the new licensing method) I'll have access to all feature releases free of charge for all time or just the first year?

Alex Pankratov :

Jun 12, 2018

It's the former.

rfgamaral :

Jun 14, 2018

Thank you for the clarification, I might as well buy it now then :)

Lorenz :

Jul 04, 2018

I bought two licences a year ago since you warned  us with large lead time of the forthcoming change.
You really deserved our trust. Thanks Alex!

ng4ever :

Dec 22, 2018

I am a little confused.

So people like me who bought Bvckup 2 before year 2018 will get feature releases free of charge forever right?

The only thing we need to pay for with a small fee is maintenance updates right?

ng4ever :

Dec 22, 2018

Also if I upgrade to Professional right now will get maintenance updates free forever after paying for the Professional upgrade ?

Alex Pankratov :

Dec 23, 2018

So people like me who bought Bvckup 2 before year 2018 will get feature releases free of charge forever right?

Correct.

The only thing we need to pay for with a small fee is maintenance updates right?

No, this will only apply to holders of new licenses - Basic, Pro, Server - and these aren't live yet.

ng4ever :

Dec 26, 2018

Still a little confused sorry.

So maintenance updates will be free for previous account licenses ?  

Alex Pankratov :

Dec 26, 2018

Correct.

To be more precise - both maintenance and feature updates will be free for holders of legacy license types (Personal and Professional), just as they are now.

josex :

Oct 03, 2019

Hi, i had old Personal license, this was going to be Pro, but i still have the option to "Upgrade to Pro" in the app so i am confused...
thanks

Alex Pankratov :

Oct 03, 2019

Your license doesn't get converted to a new Pro. See "Status of existing licenses" in this post - https://bvckup2.com/support/forum/topic/1206

But it also remains a subject to its original licensing terms - it can only be used for backing up personal, non-work related data on your personal, home computer. If your usage no longer conforms to these restrictions, you must stop using Personal and switch to a (new) Pro license.

Makes sense?

Create
Made by IO Bureau in Switzerland
Support

Updates
Blog / RSS
Follow Twitter
Reddit
Miscellanea Press kit
Testimonials
Company Imprint

Legal Terms