The support forum

Odd startup error

oblivion :

Aug 29, 2018

Once in a while -- maybe one restart in four -- bvckup2 throws an error:

"The configuration files are in use by another instance of Bvckup running on a different desktop. In order to start Bvckup on your desktop, the other instance needs to be shut down first. The application will now exit."

Clicking OK to make the message go away works, and Bvckup can be seen running nicely in the notification area.

This is on a laptop, which I guess might be relevant? I don't see similar behaviour on my desktop machine.

Alex Pankratov :

Aug 30, 2018

This means that the program is auto-started twice, in a rapid succession. Do this:

1. Press Windows-R, type "taskschd.msc" (w/o quotes), press Enter
2. In the left pane go into "Task Scheduler Library"
3. Look at the pane to its right and check if you have two entries named "Bvckup 2 ...". If you do, delete one that does NOT end with " (for ..)".

If the above doesn't apply, let me know.

oblivion :

Aug 31, 2018

Aha. Found it.

I changed the machine name a few weeks back, away from the default (DESKTOP-random_characters) to something a bit more human-friendly. And the two jobs are suffixed with the machine name, so there's the old one and a new one.

Thanks!

Alex Pankratov :

Sep 05, 2018

Thanks for an excellent hint! I've been chasing this issue for a while and now it is properly resolved in 79.7 - https://bvckup2.com/support/forum/topic/1060/6138

Create
Made by Pipemetrics in Switzerland
Support

Follow
Blog / RSS
Social Twitter
Reddit
Miscellanea Press resources
Testimonials
Company
Imprint
Legal Terms