The support forum

Self-disabling task

MWCS :

Dec 20, 2018

Hi Alex,

I have three installations of Bvckup2 professional edition - one on my desktop PC, one on my local server and the third on a remote server.  The local copy jobs are fine, moving data around the network overnight, to and between NAS boxes and also pulling data from the remote server to the local network.  The remote server only runs one job that requires a shadow copy first before pushing the data over the VPN to the local server.

Since the 79.15 update I've found that when I log into the remote server (SBS 2011) via RDP on the VPN, the remote job disables itself. According to the job log, this happens at the time I connect over RDP to check the job completed overnight.  B2 runs as a service with the front end minimised to the tray on the remote server.  I'm running Win10Pro this end to view the server.  As far as I know, I've only seen this problem since the upgrade to 79.15.

Grahame.

Alex Pankratov :

Dec 20, 2018

The program is blissfully unaware of the very existence of RDP, but usually a job will be disabled if the program is missing a valid license (in which case you should see "License me" at the right hand side of the menu and a notification to that effect).

The simplest way to proceed is for me to take a ook at a copy of %ProgramData%\Bvckup2\bvckup2.log from that machine - please forward it to support@pipemetrics.com

MWCS :

Dec 20, 2018

Log on the way...

MWCS :

Dec 20, 2018

As a commentary to the log, I logged into the server this morning to check the job status.  As I brought up the front end from the system tray I saw the job status changed from 'waiting for network location' to disabled.  I re-enabled it and manually ran the job as it had failed to connect via the VPN overnight.  Once the job was successfully under way I logged off and left it to it.  Logging in just now to retrieve the log I found it was disabled again and the time for the event in the log was around the time where I logged into the server.

MWCS :

Dec 20, 2018

Forgot to add - there's no apparent licencing issues - it shows as Professional, Perpetual on the server.

Alex Pankratov :

Dec 21, 2018

This should be resolved now with 79.16
https://bvckup2.com/support/forum/topic/1060/6320

MWCS :

Dec 21, 2018

Excellent service. Thank you very much Alex - and a Happy Christmas to you all.

cremor :

Dec 28, 2018

Hi,

I'm also suffering from this bug. Right now the "check for updates" feature in the application doesn't find an update (I'm on 79.15). When will the new version be rolled out for automatic updates? And once it is rolled out, do the backup jobs enable themselves again?

MWCS :

Dec 28, 2018

Mine picked up the official update a few days ago.  I've often noticed a lag of up to a week from a new version being announced to it being detected here.   I had already applied a test version from Alex to the particular server that showed the issue, but the others I left to update automatically as usual.

Alex Pankratov :

Dec 28, 2018

When will the new version be rolled out for automatic updates?

The rollout started yesterday. It is a gradual process, so it will take several days. I will see that we expedite delivery to the installations with an auto-update option.

And once it is rolled out, do the backup jobs enable themselves again?

Yes, they will do that.

Create
Made by Pipemetrics in Switzerland
Support

Follow
Blog / RSS
Social Twitter
Reddit
Miscellanea Press resources
Testimonials
Company
Imprint