The support forum

Form Scaling Issue

JTW :

May 18, 2019

I recently updated to 79.25.  The software runs on a Windows 2016 box with just basic video capabilities, definitely not a hi-res graphics card.  Once I upgraded to this version, the form scaling is way off - huge text, form border, buttons, menu, etc.  Is there a setting to get the scaling back down to 100%  relative to the device it is running on?

Thanks

Alex Pankratov :

May 20, 2019

The program will check and adapt to the effective screen DPI setting, but there's been no changes to this part for several years. Perhaps check the Compatibility tab in bvckup2.exe properties? I can only guess that Windows App Compatibility Assistant (or what it's called) kicked in by mistake and added some overrides there.

JTW :

May 20, 2019

No per-user or per-system configuration by App Compat on the EXE.  I also check the registry locations for any AppCompatFlags\Layers entries, and none exist (at all in my case).  

Alex Pankratov :

May 21, 2019

Can you show me a screenshot, here or by email? We can at least try and understand if it's just being crudely stretched out or if there's something wrong with the DPI setting being reported by Windows to the program.

But all in all - I can't really think of any explanation :-| This never happened before, but the cause _is_ completely external to the program... I mean it certainly doesn't draw its own window frame, so if it appears enlarged, then it's Windows who decided to draw it that way. But there's no way for a program to request that even if it wanted to.

JTW :

May 21, 2019

A screenshot: Same monitor, just docked Bvckup2 and Windows Explorer

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuxJ6U7huS6Tgf1p6sxzLr3kN0OE3Q

Alex Pankratov :

May 21, 2019

No idea :-/

It looks like Windows is rendering it at a higher DPI and it also reports the same higher DPI to the program itself. However the fact that minimize/maximize buttons are drawn in normal size makes no sense.

Have you checked if this is reproducible across complete program restarts (Menu > File > Close Window) and machine reboots?

JTW :

May 22, 2019

Well, iti didn't correct after a program restart, but after two full system reboots it did, so.....  guess it was a weirdness :-)

Create
Made by Pipemetrics in Switzerland
Support

Updates
Blog / RSS
Follow Twitter
Reddit
Miscellanea Press kit
Testimonials
Company Imprint

Legal Terms
Privacy