The support forum

Pro for Windows Servers license on regular Windows

tengu :

Jun 28, 2019

I have a legacy Professional license which I understand will be converted to a Pro license for Servers.
The features page (https://bvckup2.com/features) indicates that Pro for Windows Servers licenses don't support Windows 10.
Is that correct or is it just meant to indicate the Pro for Windows Servers license isn't appropriate for Windows 10?

Bottom line: If I upgrade to R80, will my legacy Professional license still work on Windows 10 (version 1903)?

Alex Pankratov :

Jun 28, 2019

Is that correct or is it just meant to indicate the Pro for Windows Servers license isn't appropriate for Windows 10?

It's the latter. Pro/Server can be used on regular Windows, not a problem.

However

It's probably worth clarifying that all licenses stay as they are and continue function just as they did before. There's no actual conversion happening. If you have a Professional license, it will remain just that - a Professional license regardless of which program version you are using. It is recognized and respected by all versions, including R80. It's a full-featured license with permanent Pro support that can be installed on both Windows and Windows Server.

Create
Made by IO Bureau in Switzerland
Support

Updates
Blog / RSS
Follow Twitter
Reddit
Miscellanea Press kit
Testimonials
Company Imprint

Legal Terms
Privacy