The support forum

Aborted : error 59 at destination location

stuartforrest :

Jul 05, 2019

I have a set of regular jobs that runs across many folders (one root folder each) and recently one of these jobs has started reporting "Aborted : error 59 at destination location"

Just shortly before the job ends it starts reporting things about unexpected network error and then backup aborted.  The strange thing is that all the other jobs backing up from the same server and copying the same server all work fine.  Just one of the jobs reports this.

I have tried forcing this to rescan destination every time and that didnt help and also I have tried switching to a different folder then switching back (before the job ran) to try to force it to start again.  That didnt help.

The problem with the job is that it takes 17 hours to run as it is a lot of data so I have to wait a long time to check if it fails as it only fails at the end.  Are there any ideas.

justbackmeup :

Jul 05, 2019

I'm just a fellow user, but he's most likely going to want you to send in your logs to support@pipemetrics.com

Alex Pankratov :

Jul 05, 2019

As per [1] error 59 stands for "An unexpected network error occurred" and this should be mentioned in the backup log. This errors means what it says - a communication breakdown with the remote end. The error comes to bvckup2 from the OS and the cause is entirely external to it. It can mean the network crapping out or it could be your remote end that caves in (e.g. Samba daemon segfaulting or some such). The only sure  way to troubleshoot this is to read through all relevant logs.

Also, all recent bvckup2 versions will retry the failing operation when they run into this error. This doesn't solve the error per se, but it may help mitigating an occassional network hiccup.

[1] https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/debug/system-error-codes--0-499-

stuartforrest :

Jul 08, 2019

Thanks for the info.  Its strange because all the other backup jobs going to the same server work fine.  This is the biggest one but there are other biggish ones that work.

I was on version 78 but now its version 80.  Is that different now to include this extra functionality or was that in version 78.   I have upgraded now.

Alex Pankratov :

Jul 08, 2019

Upgrading should help, because of this change in 79 - https://bvckup2.com/support/forum/topic/1060/5895

Create
Made by Pipemetrics in Switzerland
Support

Updates
Blog / RSS
Follow Twitter
Reddit
Miscellanea Press kit
Testimonials
Company Imprint

Legal Terms
Privacy