The support forum

Real-time monitoring error and file not found error

lagom :

Dec 13, 2019

Hi Alex,

Doing some testing on using bvckup2 to back-up a virtual drive of Tresorit mounted on the computer onto an external harddrive connected to the local machine running 80.7.

It's bringing up a few errors in the log. At first it says file not found. Then it says failed to set up real-time monitoring. And yet, the destination folder contains all the files as it should. I tried with two different back-up jobs and similar things occurred. At this point it is just a few random pictures for testing purposes. Not sure what you need to see from the log and I can't fit it all here, so I here is a link to it: https://ln2.sync.com/dl/b15af9870/eg7prdy5-q7yyxsti-cvt9bb2x-edvjkwvd
TIA

Alex Pankratov :

Dec 16, 2019

This means that Tresorit drive emulator doesn't implement support for real-time monitoring its volumes for changes. For what it's worth, it's the first time I see something like this.

Your options here would be to ask them to implement said support or to fall back to using periodic backups, perhaps with a short-ish interval.

lagom :

Dec 16, 2019

Okay, thanks. I'll try that and also contact them. IT's a really good piece of software, but from my experience the time it takes them to implement user-suggested ideas is... unknown. Which sets you apart in a really positive way, because you are so quick.

lagom :

Dec 17, 2019

I tried a job with a one-minute interval and it briefly said "1 error" before switching to "no errors" and it's been that way since then. No log shown. Should I assume it's fine? Can't find a way to see the log and check what the error is.

Also, can you elaborate a bit on frequency of intervals vs. weighing down the computer? Is one too frequent?

lagom :

Dec 17, 2019

P.S. - the files copied fine.

lagom :

Dec 17, 2019

Never mind, forgot I can just show log under the options menu. The error was:
2019.12.17 04:16:48.029 (UTC-8) 0 4                 Error: file not found
2019.12.17 04:16:48.029 (UTC-8) 3 5                     ProbeTimestampGranularity() failed with 2

Alex Pankratov :

Dec 17, 2019

Yes, things should be OK. The issue was with a test that attempts to determine the granularity of timestamps on the file system volume. I'm guessing it's yet another thing that's not correctly supported by Tresorit drive emulator.

Create
Made by IO Bureau in Switzerland
Support

Updates
Blog / RSS
Follow Twitter
Reddit
Miscellanea Press kit
Testimonials
Company Imprint

Legal Terms
Privacy