The support forum

Accessing Existing Backups

mccumberph :

Apr 07, 2020

I had a major crash and had to completely reload my Win10 OS.  All of my data resides on a separate drive, so no loss there, just all the relinking once everything is reloaded.
I reinstalled Bvckup2 - but cannot figure out how to get the configuration of the previous backups I had into the new reinstallation.  Does this mean I need to go back in and rebuild the configuration, or is there perhaps a way to import the three backup sets?

Alex Pankratov :

Apr 07, 2020

By default all configuration is stored in %LocalAppData%\Bvckup2 folder (and additionally in %ProgramData%\Bvckup2 if the program is switched to run as a service).

If you had your user account folder redirected to your data drive, then you should have a copy of the config. If you didn't, then your backup config is likely gone, but you can try and see if you can find "bvckup2.log" file somewhere on your system. If you have more than one, then the secondary might be in a copy of your old config folder. Let me know and I'll explain how to restore from it.

mccumberph :

Apr 07, 2020

I do have the bvckup2.log I was able to recover from the bad drive.  Would be great if you have time to explain how to restore from it and have my 3 backup set configurations restored.

mccumberph :

Apr 07, 2020

Actually I have the following all with bvckup2.XXX
.0.log - .dmp - .ini.copy - .log - -fsi.log - and -storage.log

mccumberph :

Apr 11, 2020

Any help with the above into?

Alex Pankratov :

Apr 11, 2020

Oh, sorry. Slipped under the radar.

So. The folder that contains bvckup2.log is the principal configuration folder of the program. Most importantly, there'll be /engine/ folder which contains all backup job configs in /backup-00xx/ subfolders.

See https://bvckup2.com/support/forum/topic/480 for complete details of what's where in that folder, what's important and what's temporary.

To restore your configuration from that do the following -

1. Exit the program via Menu > File > Exit
2. Open %LocalAppData%\Bvckup2 in Windows Explorer, then make a copy of its contents somewhere (just in case), empty it and copy everything from the folder you found, the one with bvckup2.log
3. Start the program and you should see your backup jobs. The program will also complain that the license is out of sync, so just follow the prompts to resync it.

Create
Made by IO Bureau in Switzerland
Support

Updates
Blog / RSS
Follow Twitter
Reddit
Miscellanea Press kit
Testimonials
Company Imprint

Legal Terms
Privacy