The support forum

Trying to Understand the Archive Feature

capair45 :

Aug 04, 2020

Hello.  I am a new user of Bvckup2.  Very happy with what I see so far in terms of simplicity, speed, and functionality.  I'm a bit confused about the Archive folder.  I understand that it will temporarily place files there that are deleted from the source disk and I have tested this.  However, I see some files being stored there that I have not deleted.  

Are there other rules for moving files there besides deletions?

Dave...

Alex Pankratov :

Aug 04, 2020

The program will archive files (and folders) that are no longer present at the source *as seen after completing the scan*.

Meaning that if you added a new "exclude" rule to an existing job and it took some files out from the backup, backup copies of these files will be moved to the archive (even though the originals weren't actually deleted).

capair45 :

Aug 04, 2020

OK.  That makes sense.  I'll experiment a bit and see if I can observe this function.

capair45 :

Aug 05, 2020

I have the settings selected to backup "When Files or Folders are Modified in Real-Time"

Other than the initial scan, are there any other scans that take place behind the scenes or is the program simply waiting to see a modification, deletion, etc to backup or archive the affected file/folder?

Alex Pankratov :

Aug 07, 2020

All activity is reflected in the backup log. If the program runs a scan, it will be in the log.

capair45 :

Aug 07, 2020

Thank you!

Create
Made by IO Bureau in Switzerland
Support

Updates Newsletter
Blog & RSS
Follow Twitter
Reddit
Miscellanea Press kit
Testimonials