The support forum

Start queue via command line?

highend :

Sep 15, 2020

Hi,
I'm using an override.ini in all my profiles subfolders (engine\backup-0001, engine\backup-0002, ...)

Now I wanted to add the queue option so the final override.ini for the first two profiles looks like this:
conf.ctime_match                                   1
conf.queue_name                                    uk-nuc-01
conf.update_folder_times                           0

After reloading both profiles that conf.queue_name option has the correct value in both settings.ini

But how do I start that queue from the command line now?
bvckup2.exe --command -c "D:\Tools\Bvckup 2\Data" start uk-nuc-01
or
bvckup2.exe --command -c "D:\Tools\Bvckup 2\Data" start "uk-nuc-01"

don't start these first two profiles...

Alex Pankratov :

Sep 15, 2020

You can't really _start_ a queue, because it's a "vessel" for holding pending jobs IF there are any. What you can do instead is just start the jobs from the target queue individually and they will organize themselves into a queue.

That said, it'd be helpful to be able to identify a subset of backups using the name of their queue... which is pretty much what - I think - you were after with your --command examples above. I'll have this implemented. Should be in the next maintenance release.

highend :

Sep 15, 2020

Ok, thanks.

Yeah, I'd like to start a group of profiles that belong together, identified by their queue name. I'll wait for the next maintenance release then...

Thanks again.

Alex Pankratov :

Sep 22, 2020

Ok, done in 81.8

You can use this either like so

bvckup2 --command start queue:abc

or like so

bvckup2 --command start abc

In the latter case it will first look for a queue named "abc" and then fall back to looking for a job with a description of "abc".

Homer712 :

Sep 22, 2020

So, it looks like it may be possible now to have a"group" of profiles, all selected to run "when manually started" and have them all run from one cmd prompt. Am I seeing this correctly?

Alex Pankratov :

Sep 23, 2020

Yes, it makes this sort of usage possible, correct.

Homer712 :

Sep 23, 2020

I've managed to put together a few batch files in the past (with help!) so I guess I'll need a bit of a push in the right direction on this one as well.

Entering "bvckup2 --command start Documents" into a cmd prompt window yields:
C:\WINDOWS\system32> bvckup2 --command start Documents
'bvckup2' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

So, if you could just correct the command needed to start/run a job named "Documents" I would be most appreciative.

Alex Pankratov :

Sep 23, 2020

You need to provide the full path to bvckup2.exe, e.g.

C:\> "C:\Program Files\Bvckup2\bvckup2.exe" --command ...

Homer712 :

Sep 23, 2020

Works like a charm, thank you.

REALLY should have know that as every other bat file I have starts with the path to the executable . . . hangs head.

Homer712 :

Sep 24, 2020

Alex, In doing some testing I have now been able to set up "Daily" and "Weekly" backups using the information here and in the posts regarding backup "Queues." For now this pretty much takes care of things until the "Backup Grouping" feature is implemented in a future release. Thank you!

Create
Made by IO Bureau in Switzerland
Support

Updates
Blog / RSS
Follow Twitter
Reddit
Miscellanea Press kit
Testimonials
Company Imprint

Legal Terms
Privacy