The support forum

Weird Issue (Destination Present, Changes Made to Source, but no recognition from Bvckup 2)

Matthewlawson3 :

Oct 19, 2020

Hi, I have a backup job set up that has not been changed since I made it months ago. Today, it suddenly is acting odd. It is acting like my source doesn't have any new files to copy to the destination when it does.

The destination is present and Bvkup 2 recognizes the destination is present and the file needed to be copied to the destination is not there. Yet, it is saying there are no changes to be made.

I don't understand how this could be.

Can someone help with this?

Alex Pankratov :

Oct 19, 2020

Can't help you based on what you wrote. You'll need to describe in detail what you do to trigger the change, what you are seeing when the backup is run, what you are seeing in the log, what you are seeing on the disk, etc.

Also, check for basic things - that the file is not excluded from the backup (this will be in the Scanning section of the log), that you are not running off a destination snapshot if you are making any changes to the backup by hand, etc.

Matthewlawson3 :

Oct 20, 2020

I think I have figured it out.

Inside the what to backup setting, I had set it to backup my PC's backup images to an external hard drive. I made a "created rule" for any *.mrimg file that was created in the source folder now-2 hours to be copied to the external drive. This usually runs on Sunday right after my computer images itself, therefore, the image file would be basically new and Bvckup2 would pick it up and transfer it with no problem.

However, my computer was not on yesterday, so the image wasn't made till this morning. I manually ran the Bvckup2 job this afternoon and therefore the new image file was beyond the created rule timeframe of now-2 hours, so therefore did not copy over as usual. I extended the rule just now to encompass the time I created it to now and it started copying.

Thanks for your help! Sorry for the trouble.

Alex Pankratov :

Oct 20, 2020

Yeah, that's not something I could've possibly deduced from your original post :)

Create
Made by IO Bureau in Switzerland
Support

Updates
Blog / RSS
Follow Twitter
Reddit
Miscellanea Press kit
Testimonials
Company Imprint

Legal Terms
Privacy