The support forum

Comparison of Bvckup 2 and Cloud Drive Syncs

mack :

Oct 26, 2020

Hi,

During a run, I understand that Bvckup 2 does a source scan and also  scans the destination (or loads its snapshot from the last run) before it takes further actions. I have about 185GB of data so the scanning does take a while (sometimes half hour), My observation also about Microsoft One Drive is that when I have a file saved, the upload of the new file or updated file almost immediately happens, there is no scanning of any sort or at least it is quick enough for me not to perceive it. I am wondering if there is some configuration in Bvckup 2 that allows it to do the same thing as Microsoft One Drive or does Microsoft One Drive works differently from Bvckup 2?

Best Regards

Alex Pankratov :

Oct 26, 2020

There's a generic mechanism for that, but Bvckup 2 doesn't currently use it. See https://bvckup2.com/support/forum/topic/405/2438 for the rationale.

The One Drive is implemented as an extension of a file system, so whenever a new file is created, the 1D driver is basically given all the details for free, so it doesn't even need to use the above mechanism.

mack :

Oct 26, 2020

ok thanks!

Create
Made by IO Bureau in Switzerland
Support

Updates
Blog / RSS
Follow Twitter
Reddit
Miscellanea Press kit
Testimonials