The support forum

Error scanning destination

Bernhard :

Dec 21, 2020

Hi,
I have to tranfer more than 20 TB from a MS StorSimple over a Windows Server 2016 to a DataDomain.
The challenge is StorSimple has to transfer files from the cloud to the local device while copying and DataDomain is "special" CIFS server.
I tried already serval tools (robocopy, emcopy, Fastcopy, ...) and always get error of different kinds depending on the used tool at different files.
Now I am testing Bvckup2 and receiving the error "FindNextFile() failed with 121" while scanning the destination.
Is there a way to skip the file/error an continue without stopping?
I will take care of this file errors personally.

Thanks!

Alex Pankratov :

Dec 21, 2020

Yes, it's possible.

You will need to add the following engine-level override -

errors.scan.fatal.error   121

To add the override, you will need to create a text file called bvckup2-engine-override.ini in %LocalAppData%\Bvckup2\engine folder or in %ProgramData%\Bvckup2\engine if the program was switched into service mode. Put the above line in it and restart the program (or the bvckup2 service if in service mode).

This will cause the program to treat this error as non-abortive. It will still be reported however.

See https://bvckup2.com/support/forum/topic/480 for details on what's where in terms of settings, override files, etc.

Error 121 stands for "The semaphore timeout period has expired.", so something somewhere is either slow, laggy or stalled.

Bernhard :

Dec 21, 2020

Hi Alex,
Thanks, for the super fast answer!
I have seen simular topics already.

Create
Made by IO Bureau in Switzerland
Support

Updates Newsletter
Blog & RSS
Follow Twitter
Reddit