The support forum

Locked File

Rivett :

Jan 25, 2021

I am new to Bvckup 2 buut so far pleased with it but I am getting an error which says a file is locked. It does not say which file and I cannot see how to locate it. Any suggestions please.

Alex Pankratov :

Jan 25, 2021

Please show me a screenshot of the error. The exact file should be mentioned in the backup log, right next to the error message.

Rivett :

Jan 27, 2021

Hi Alex, for some reason I cannot take a screen shot but I suspect it is something to do with my Outlook emails, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Alex Pankratov :

Jan 27, 2021

If you are backing up from a local disk (volume), you should be able to work around files being locked by enabling "shadow copying" [1]:

*  Double-click on the backup job to bring up its Settings window, go into More section, set Shadow Copying to Require
*  Go into program's menu > Options > Preferences and check "Run with full administrative privileges"

This should resolve the inability to back up locked files. If it doesn't, then I don't have an answer for you. You will need to look in the backup log (accessible via Menu > Options > Show Log Panel), find the context of your issues and go from there.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_Copy

Rivett :

Jan 28, 2021

Thanks Alex, will check out your suggestions.

Create
Made by IO Bureau in Switzerland
Support

Updates Newsletter
Blog & RSS
Follow Twitter
Reddit
Miscellanea Press kit
Testimonials
Company Imprint

Legal Terms
Privacy