The support forum

Beta Release 55

Alex Pankratov :

Nov 13, 2013

Also known as Beta Release 53, Service Pack 1

Resolved an issue with the build server that effectively caused Releases 53 and 54 to be broken.

This release is just a rebuild of Beta 53, see https://bvckup2.com/support/forum/topic/184 for releases note.

Also, if you managed to update to 53 or 54, please download and update manually using this link - http://bvckup2.com/beta/files/bvckup2-setup-beta.exe . My apologies for the incident, it won't happen again.

PeteZ :

Nov 13, 2013

B55 installed (from link above, thanks!) and the BU now runs without error. :)

Am I correct in my understanding that BUs made with b53 are reliable even with the reported errors, or should I remove and re-run them?

Alex Pankratov :

Nov 13, 2013

If there were any errors, they got corrected once you gave the backup a run with B55.

However, just in case, run them with Ctrl-Go once (this forces a destination re-scan).

Alex Pankratov :

Nov 13, 2013

Thanks, Pete. Sorry about the mess.

PeteZ :

Nov 13, 2013

In process now, 15,000+ files updating. ;)

No worries about the "mess." All is well due to your quick responses. Bvckup is already powerful and will be a great app when complete!

JacobMoreagles :

Nov 14, 2013

I'm back on a good version now. 500,000 files are syncing just fine.
Also, for some reason between now and the the last time I looked through my logs, the log view option has stopped working, instead prompting me to open the raw log file. Any ideas?

I would imagine the logs being rather large for a job that big, so perhaps that has something to do with it?

Alex Pankratov :

Nov 18, 2013

Also, for some reason between now and the the last time I looked through my logs, the log view option has stopped working, instead prompting me to open the raw log file. Any ideas?

Can you elaborate on "stopped working" ? I'm guessing that you are clicking on "N errors" in main window and then you get a message at the bottom of the window saying "this information is unavailable, please check raw log"? If so, then what do you see in the log panel?

Most likely though you are right that this has to do with the log getting too big and getting trimmed.

JacobMoreagles :

Nov 19, 2013

@alex
The log view opens just fine after clicking the "n errors" in the main window, and prompts me to open the logfile because the information is unavailable.

The errors that I'm getting are all VSS related, because of a few databases I have running, so it's pretty inconsequential, but I would like the feature to work. I agree that this is due to the logfile size, because The job ran with ~4000 changes last night, and the logs work fine, whereas the previous run was much larger and didn't work.

Bonus points if you can make it email the log to me when a job finishes ;)

timmib :

Nov 26, 2013

Greetings Alex,

A Peculiarity.  Been running the beta for some time.  In retrospect, after updating to v55 I noticed my usb mouse hanging [the mouse pointer becoming unresponsive to the mouse movement] periodically.  Stopped and unloaded v55 from memory three days ago and the unresponsive behavior has not re-ocurred.  ???  I'll be updating to v56 shortly.  I'm not going to investigate this peculiar behavior.  Might just be my setup:  xp sp3.  Otherwise v55 was running fine.  fwiw

Be well,

Kim

Alex Pankratov :

Nov 26, 2013

Kim, this is a hardware problem. I have the exact same one with Toshiba USB drive. My wireless mouse starts to stutter, freeze and ignore clicks when this disk is written to.

timmib :

Nov 29, 2013

Alex, I'll watch this with the newest beta.  I don't have any usb drives but do run an esata line with four drives in an exterior box.  Thanks for the info.

Be well,

Kim

Alex Pankratov :

Nov 29, 2013

Ok, sounds good. Though if it stutters again, there's nothing much I can do. The cause is a couple of levels down into the kernel from where my code runs.

Create
Made by IO Bureau in Switzerland
Support

Updates
Blog / RSS
Follow Twitter
Reddit
Miscellanea Press kit
Testimonials
Company Imprint

Legal Terms
Privacy