The support forum

Strange values in settings.ini

PaulGuenette :

Nov 25, 2013

Hey,

First, let me thank you for building such a great tool! I've been using this to back up full volumes over a network each day (700 GB, 140k files), and it's worked flawlessly.

I was looking at one of the settings.ini files, and I noticed a strange value for one of the conf.filters.2.manual settings. The line contains 223 NUL characters. The full line reads as follows:

conf.filters.2.manual                              0 00000010 00000010 "C:\Users\PGUENE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\<NUL><NUL><NUL><...>"

The rest of the file seems normal. Is this intentional, or could this be a bug?

Also, I see you're maintaining a list of paths that are excluded by default. I suggest a couple additions:

X:\$RECYCLE.BIN
X:\$dcsys$ (see https://diskcryptor.net/wiki/Volume for details)

Thanks again,

Paul Guenette

Alex Pankratov :

Nov 25, 2013

Paul,

1. Yup, it's a bug. It's harmless, but it's a bug nonetheless. Fixed just now.
2. Added \$dcsys$ as a default file exception, thanks.
3. $Recycle.bin, Recycler and System Volume Information - these 3 are built-in exceptions of another kind, these are always excluded both at source *and* destination. The list is not editable nor is it saved in the .ini

Re: 700GB - I should really add some sort of vanity counter and then let people opt-in to post to a scoreboard and compete on Gigs copied :)

pjb :

Nov 26, 2013

>"Re: 700GB - I should really add some sort of vanity counter and then let people opt-in to post to a scoreboard and compete on Gigs copied :)"

Gamification !  "Over xx Million bytes Bvckd'up..."

Alex Pankratov :

Nov 26, 2013

Badges. This needs achievement badges.

JacobMoreagles :

Nov 26, 2013

Oh yes, I can see it now "Achievement Unlocked! Bvckup'd all of google!"

Create
Made by IO Bureau in Switzerland
Support

Updates
Blog / RSS