The support forum

Beta Release 8 is out

Alex Pankratov :

Jun 03, 2013

Fixes the following issue on the Known Issues list:

#1 - program window may get tagged as "unresponsive" if changing the app mode takes a while
#13 - issues with updating the program while a backup is running
#14 - uninstall.exe is now shipped uncompressed

Todd :

Jun 03, 2013

The updater only worked for me when I paused my running backups before checking for updates, otherwise, the update could fail since the 'bvckup program could not be stopped' (or words to that effect).

It is worth noting that I was upgrading from the first beta release to the eighth one.

Alex Pankratov :

Jun 03, 2013

Thanks, @Todd. That's exactly one of the issues fixed in BR8.

JacobMoreagles :

Jun 03, 2013

I lost my backup jobs when upgrading from Beta 2 to this current one. It was easy enough to remake them, but if I had a bunch it would have been frustrating (I had 2 defined).

Alex Pankratov :

Jun 03, 2013

@JacobMoreagles - Can you shot me an email with the details? Has the update just gone through and then jobs weren't there or were there hiccups while updating?

JacobMoreagles :

Jun 03, 2013

@Alex - No, there were no hiccups. I sent you an email with more info.

JacobMoreagles :

Jun 03, 2013

In addition to the above problem, I went ahead and ran it on my windows 2008r2 box, which is where I'm planning to run this eventually, and I can't get my setup to work.

I'm backing up a disk array root directory, let's call it "z:", to a  folder on a big USB drive (F:/backups for instance). This errors out with "source scan failed", However, If I select a folder on the "Z:" drive and a corrisponding folder on my external "F:" drive, it works, but throws a "Snapshot ID: 4937e74b-5cf7-4a39-b616-e8d12e77bd17
2013.06.03 17:17:54.104 (UTC+8) 0 3 IVssAsync::QueryStatus() failed with 0" error. (that's right out of the logfile). I'm assuming this is a volume shadow copy error as I'm also getting in use file errors.

My aim is to back up *everything*, Including directory structures, to the external disks for disaster recovery and general ease of use.

Outside of not being able to copy from that root directory, I'm very happy with the overall speed and footprint. It doesn't seem to be any slower than a manual copy/paste with windows explorer.

Alex Pankratov :

Jun 04, 2013

@JacobMoreagles - the first issue (of not being able to use root directory) is now solved, will be in Beta 9. The second issue I will have to look at separately, but generally speaking VSS is a very finicky black box. It tends to break in ways that aren't described in Microsoft's documentation and trying to figure out the reason is a hopeless endeavor.

Upsidedownweb :

Jun 05, 2013

Got this error on server 2011 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1427415/error.JPG
when i tried to switch mode to run as service
(hope this is where im spose to post it )
MrG

Alex Pankratov :

Jun 05, 2013

@Upsidedownweb - This is the second time this surfaces and I'm having hard time tracking it down with another person who reported it.

Can you shoot me an email? ap-at-bvckup-dot-com. I want to this fixed and closed asap.
Topic is locked.

Create
Made by IO Bureau in Switzerland
Support

Updates
Blog / RSS
Follow Twitter
Reddit
Miscellanea Press kit
Testimonials
Company Imprint

Legal Terms