The support forum

Beta Release 64

Alex Pankratov :

Mar 17, 2014

First things first

This is a release candidate for production version. If no serious issues surface with this release, this is what will go out as the first production release.

If you haven't read the "Heads up, nearing production release" post, you should probably do it now - https://bvckup2.com/support/forum/topic/302

Issues fixed

1. Device and power events are now tracked in service mode - this covers handling of device removal and insertion, jobs stuck in "waiting for the device" state and the set up of the post-resume quiet period, when the computer is awaken from sleep or hibernation

2. Enabling periodic backup now doesn't start it right away - that's unless it is set to run as soon as possible *and* it has missed a run.

3. Fixed an issue with delta copier and partially locked files - two issues there actually, both were leading up to a self-inflicted app shutdowns. One related to delta copier running into a first locked block in a file that it was *updating* and the second was when the copier failed to write out first modified block in a file.

4. Fixed two issues with the log viewer - one was with "Clear Log" command when the log was just freshly rotated and its live portion had no content in it. The second was with scrolling to the last error logic, when "failed" status was clicked in the main list.

Other

1. Recycler and $Recycle.bin are now excluded by default

2. Ctrl-N now opens New Backup window

3. Humanized error message for ERROR_WRITE_PROTECTED - that's primarily for write-locked SIM cards

4. New About box

scribbly :

Mar 17, 2014

I'm getting this message in red in the Log options panel:
"Contents of the log file cannot be displayed. Please report this incident to the support."

Was happening last version too... I haven't had time to 'report'.

genl :

Mar 17, 2014

Small issue:
After I press Ctrl+N or Ctrl+W and then get back to the app window, and try to mouse over the Stop button, it displays the "!" like if I'm still holding Ctrl button. This goes back to normal if I press and release Ctrl again.

PeteZ :

Mar 17, 2014

Confirming: ctrl+N or ctrl+W, then mouse over Stop yields "Stop [ ]!" for me also...

Alex Pankratov :

Mar 17, 2014

The "!" is fixed now, thanks.

@scribbly - can you drop me an email please? ap-at-bvckup-dot-com

Peter Adam :

Mar 17, 2014

Volume locking problem

I have two Truecrypt volumes (files on different HDDs), if one shows up then the other is backed up onto it (by "device" fingerprint).
After the backup ends, I can dismount the target volume but can't dismount the source volume - files or folders in use. I have to exit Bvckup for a clean dismount.
If the backup doesn't run, then there is no problem dismounting the would be source volume.

Alex Pankratov :

Mar 18, 2014

@Peter - This is expected if you are using a real-time backup option. This requires app to set up folder monitoring and that in turn creates an internal reference to the volume somewhere in the guts of Windows.

However, instead of exiting Bvckup you can simply disable the backup job. This stops the monitoring and the TC volume should dismount cleanly.

Deipotent :

Mar 18, 2014

B64 incorrectly reports max file size of exFAT as 4GB instead of 16 EiB  https://bvckup2.com/support/forum/topic/314

Peter Adam :

Mar 19, 2014

OK, thanks!
Then how should I set up a backup to run when a device shows up? Only the manual start would be usable for me?

nzh99 :

Mar 19, 2014

@Alex - I'm getting the same log error as Scribbly. Happy to provide any logfiles/details you need....let me know

Alex Pankratov :

Mar 20, 2014

@Peter - You can still use real-time monitoring, but you will just need to either disable the job before unmounting the drive or force the dismount.

@nzh99 - Please try this, let me know if it helps - right-click on the job that's having this problem, Open Folder, Config & Logging, exit Bvckup, go back to the Explorer window, delete all *.tdb files, launch Bvckup again, select the job and see if the problem is still there (or if it re-appears after some time).

nzh99 :

Mar 20, 2014

@ Alex - okay I've done that. The error has disappeared, however so has the 'Show recent activity' option - I presume this was expected?

I will report back should the error reappear.

Alex Pankratov :

Mar 21, 2014

Yep, that's expected. The log is still there, it's its index that has just been reset (so there are no older items in it now).

nzh99 :

Mar 23, 2014

@Alex - hi, sorry to report that the error has returned. "Contents of the log file cannot be displayed. Please report this incident to the support."

Alex Pankratov :

Mar 24, 2014

@nzh99 - Please update to B65. There are several changes that should help addressing the issue.

Create
Made by IO Bureau in Switzerland
Support

Updates
Blog / RSS
Follow Twitter
Reddit
Miscellanea Press kit
Testimonials
Company Imprint

Legal Terms
Privacy