The support forum

Move DB and config

Bomba :

Apr 29, 2014

Can I change path for this

C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Bvcup2
C:\ProgramData\Bvckup2

I have about 9Gb stock on my C drive but want to move it to another disk. Thanks.

Alex Pankratov :

Apr 30, 2014

Yep, piece of cake.

Shutdown the app, move all files to new location, start the app with

bvckup2.exe -c C:\ProgramData\Bvckup2

Additionally, I am also adding an option of achieving the same by putting an .ini file in default config location so that you won't need to pass -c ... in the command line. This will be in the next release.

Bomba :

Apr 30, 2014

These 2 path exist but I want to redirect this to another path (example E:\Bvckup2). This solution should work only for the path "C:\ProgramData\Bvckup2" righ? And the other path, will it be changed in the same time?

Thanks...

Alex Pankratov :

Apr 30, 2014

Ah, you are running it in a service mode then, right?

Then you need to run the app as "bvckup2.exe -c E:\Bvckup2\App" (note the "App" part, this will be the UI process config folder) and for the service you will need to add a registry key with E:\Bvckup2\Service (and this will be the service process config folder) as a string value -

Key: HKLM\Software\Bvckup2
        Value: ServiceConfigPath

Bomba :

Apr 30, 2014

Oh perfect ! Thanks alot :)

If I take the path you said "E:\Bvckup2\App" and "E:\Bvckup2\Service", I create the key string and value in the registry and want to copy existing files in these two new folders, which folder I use?

C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Bvcup2 --> E:\Bvckup2\???
C:\ProgramData\Bvckup2 --> E:\Bvckup2\???

Is it possible to adjust these 2 settings in the .ini file in the next release to be part of the configuration?

Alex Pankratov :

Apr 30, 2014

C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Bvckup2 --> E:\Bvckup2\App
C:\ProgramData\Bvckup2 --> E:\Bvckup2\Service

Then you run the app as "bvckup2.exe -c E:\Bvckup2\App" and you add registry value of "E:\Bvckup2\Service" for the service.

Is it possible to adjust these 2 settings in the .ini file in the next release to be part of the configuration?

Yep, that's the plan.

Bomba :

Apr 30, 2014

Excellent !

These folders update every time the software scanning? I have many many files in this... Can I plan to cleanup something or it's always consistent?

Alex Pankratov :

Apr 30, 2014

Sorry, I don't understand the question.

There's one file in the service's config folder that is updated during the backup (a snapshot of the destination) and it also updates checksum files used for delta copying when respective files are updated. If there are files that are no longer needed, they are removed automatically.

Bomba :

May 01, 2014

Thank you for your help :)

jwshields :

Aug 01, 2019

Hello, I apologize for resurrecting such an old ticket..

Is this still possible? I cannot find the noted registry key, even though I am running Bvckup2 in service mode (Bvckup2 Pro 80.1.1)

Another question, is the "redirect.ini" method still applicable, or, does it work for Service Mode as well as the GUI?
Could I potentially put the redirect.ini file at C:\ProgramData\Bvckup2\redirect.ini ?
RE: https://bvckup2.com/support/forum/topic/404

Or am I missing something in the configuration that implements these features?

Thank you in advance.

Alex Pankratov :

Aug 03, 2019

Sure, all options mentioned here are still fully supported, including using redirect.ini for the engine-side configs in service mode.

The registry key you will need to create, it doesn't exist by default (because it's not needed).

Create
Made by Pipemetrics in Switzerland
Support

Updates
Blog / RSS
Follow Twitter
Reddit
Miscellanea Press kit
Testimonials
Company Imprint

Legal Terms
Privacy