The support forum

Beta Release 12

Alex Pankratov :

Jun 08, 2013

A.k.a the mop-up release.

Primarily resolves a crash caused by the number of top-level log items going over 100 in a backup job log. This was introduced by a change in BR11 that automatically trimmed engine-side copy of the log once it was retrieved by the UI, but that managed to conflict by another piece of auto-trimming logic that is used when the app in running in a service mode.

Secondary issues resolved - the scrolling artifacts in the main window and an invalid copying down-counter for byte counts over 4 gigs.

Please update.

Deipotent :

Jun 08, 2013

After updating to BR12 the engine ini file appears in

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Bvckup2

rather than

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Bvckup2\engine

and is called enginebvckup2-engine.ini rather than bvckup2-engine.ini (same for ini copy).

I guess this is due to the path handling changes you've made recently.

Deipotent :

Jun 08, 2013

Not specific to BR12, but if running as a service and the service is not started, when the app is started a dialog is displayed saying "The program will make a note of the Device ID....". Clicking OK closes the dialog and Bvckup does not start.

Alex Pankratov :

Jun 08, 2013

... and you are right.

highend :

Jun 08, 2013

Do you accept feature request as well, Alex?

An option to store all logs, ini files, etc. in subfolders relative to the app directory would be very nice. In application mode it would make it a portable application...

The default option should still be the current user folder (or the installer could ask for it).

Tia,
Jack

highend :

Jun 08, 2013

I've just tried to update from Beta 11 to 12 via Help - Check for updates.

It finds the new update but it isn't able to apply it.

I get this error message:
Failed to update your Bvckup installation.
Failed to shut down the running instance of Bvckup.

I run Bvckup with full administrative rights (because I need VSS to backup e.g. my Outlook .pst file.

Regards,
Jack

Alex Pankratov :

Jun 08, 2013

@highend - Re: portable usage -> http://bvckup2.com/beta/#!topic/43

WRT the other issue - this shouldn't be happening. Was the running instance busy with something, to the point of being unresponsive?

highend :

Jun 08, 2013

@Alex

I'll reply in the other thread regarding portability.

Bvckup is doing nothing (Monitoring for changes... on one job) when I try to upgrade (to beta 13 now). I just quit and started it again (the whole application). Selected the job and clicked on "Stop". Status = Disabled. Tried to update again. Same error message.
Topic is locked.

Create
Made by IO Bureau in Switzerland
Support

Updates
Blog / RSS
Follow Twitter
Reddit
Miscellanea Press kit
Testimonials
Company Imprint

Legal Terms