The support forum

Beta Release 13

Alex Pankratov :

Jun 08, 2013

Second in the Saturday Night Mop-Up series.

This release resolves an issue with bvckup2-engine.ini file (the engine config) being saved under the wrong name. It also fixes the error message displayed when the app is set to run in the service mode, the service is not running and the user lacks admin rights.

Lastly, this release also adds a way to override the place where the Bvckup service keeps its configuration files. This is done by creating a string registry value called "ServiceConfigPath" under HKLM\Software\Bvckup2.

Deipotent :

Jun 08, 2013

Confirm BR13 fixes engine ini file location and error message when service not running.

There appears to be a problem with auto-update when running as a service as the service is restarted after the update, but the app is not.

highend :

Jun 08, 2013

This is done by creating a string registry value called "ServiceConfigPath" under HKLM\Software\Bvckup2.

Urgs. No, registry settings are evil (it destroys my vision to use Bvckup in a portable mode)^^.

Ofc this is ok for a normal installation. A portable mode would instead require a .cfg / .ini / .xml file in the application dir, that contains these settings :)

<- Portable software lover :)

Alex Pankratov :

Jun 08, 2013

@highend - This is a one-off registry setting,just for @Deipotent and his exotic setup and only because he's done a lot for the beta. A token of appreciation if you will :)

highend :

Jun 08, 2013

@Alex: Ok :)

A question:
A profile is defined. At the beginning "Keep the backup copy" is active. You copy a file into the source folder, it is replicated to the backup dir. That's fine. Now you delete the source file manually. The backup file is untouched. Still fine. When I now change the setting to "Delete the backup copy" the backup file is still there.

I think this is by design but I (just I, don't know how other people thing about it) would assume, that some kind of resync takes place when you activate this option for an existing profile.

Otherwise you'll need an additional file comparing tool to see what should be deleted in the destination folder.

Alex Pankratov :

Jun 08, 2013

Good point, I will make it re-scan the destination when this option is flipped.

Deipotent :

Jun 08, 2013

@Alex - I'm honoured. :)

Alex Pankratov :

Jun 08, 2013

My pleasure :)

Jadag :

Jun 09, 2013

Alex, greetings from a sunny (but cold) South Africa.
Is it possible to put a link on this forum to download the latest beta?

Alex Pankratov :

Jun 09, 2013

It's the same as in the opening topic - http://bvckup2.com/beta/bvckup2-setup-beta.exe
Internally, it always links to the latest beta.
Topic is locked.

Create
Made by IO Bureau in Switzerland
Support

Updates
Blog / RSS
Follow Twitter
Reddit
Miscellanea Press kit
Testimonials
Company Imprint

Legal Terms