The support forum

Bvckup 2...Great for backing up to OneDrive and Google Drive!

BD :

Oct 30, 2014

Hello users!

Wanted to share a great use of Bcvkup 2 for automatically backing up folders to OneDrive and Google Drive. Since both OneDrive and Google Drive both do not support symbolic links or auto-backup of selected folders, you have to copy and paste into there folders to get uploaded, I have set up jobs in Bcvkup 2 to backup folders to the OneDrive folder and Google Drive folder on my computer which then will be automactically backuped to OneDrive and Google Drive. No more drag and drop! This has worked great for me! One drawback which could affect some users who implement this is the amount of storage you get with each service. OneDrive does not count deleted files that are in the Rcycle Bin on the OneDrive website toward your quota, which is great, but Google Drive does, so if you do not plan on backing up more than the free amounts of space given on each of these services, then it is no problem and using Bcvkup 2 for auto-backup to these services is a charm!

BD

sunk818 :

Oct 31, 2014

Bvckup 2 is a nice add-on to provide the file versioning. OneDrive seems to only offers versioning on Office documents. If you work on other file types Bvckup 2 is a nice way to back up modified files.

As for symlinks, you can set up OneDrive to sync in real time. For example, if you want to sync your documents folder in Windows 7:

* point your documents folder to c:\users\me\onedrive\documents
* erase the c:\users\me\documents folder
* use junction (from sysinternals) to create a junction
* junction c:\users\me\documents c:\users\me\onedrive\documents

The junction is created at the previously erased folder and points to the onedrive\documents folder.

CardinalZin :

Dec 11, 2014

Works with Dropbox too. Have just tested it and it seems to work perfectly. Wow. Bvckup 2 is totally changing the way I do things!

Alex Pankratov :

Dec 11, 2014

:)

Now if throw in TrueCrypt in the mix and have it back up .tc container to Dropbox, you'll get fast delta and properly encrypted offsite backup.

leopinheiro :

Jan 05, 2020

What about keeping the Created and Mod times? The GoodSync support told me that Dropbox gives any Mod datestamp (when queried) at will. That's the reason GoodSync uses an own files journal.

Create
Made by IO Bureau in Switzerland
Support

Updates
Blog / RSS
Follow Twitter
Reddit
Miscellanea Press kit
Testimonials
Company Imprint

Legal Terms
Privacy