The support forum

Release 73 Version 1 not updating

BD :

Feb 16, 2015

Hello,

Just received a system tray notice that Bvckup 2 has an update available. I am currently running v73 and tried the update, which downloaded the update, but fails to update and then brings 'up/opens' C:\WINDOWS\system32 window...strange. I have tried multiple times with no luck and even tried restarting my computer and it does the same.

BD

Alex Pankratov :

Feb 16, 2015

Yup, my apologies. The update fixes two issues, with one of them being a problem with the update module not launching the update after downloading and verifying it. This was due to the addition of the auto-updates in R73.

Please download and run the update manually -
https://bvckup2.com/update

bld522 :

Feb 18, 2015

I'm running into the same problem with Version 4.  When I click the update link above, it attempts to run Version 1.  I already have Version 1 installed on my computer.  What should I do?

Alex Pankratov :

Feb 18, 2015

@bld522 - not sure I follow. If you look in Help/About, do you see "Release 73 Revision 4"? If you do, then you are on the latest release. If you don't, what exactly happens when you download and run the .exe from the above link?

bld522 :

Feb 19, 2015

Revision 4 downloads and attempts to install.  I then get the following error message:  "An attempt to update your installation failed".  When I click the "Try again" button, nothing happens.

bld522 :

Feb 19, 2015

Oh, and to answer you question, when I look at Help/About on my computer, it says "Release 73 Revision 1".

Create
Made by IO Bureau in Switzerland
Support

Updates
Blog / RSS
Follow Twitter
Reddit
Miscellanea Press kit
Testimonials
Company Imprint

Legal Terms
Privacy