The support forum

New UI element coming up in R75

Alex Pankratov :

Aug 20, 2015

I'm working on adding support for multi-page configuration windows to the UI and I could use some opinions - https://bvckup2.com/wip/20082015

A, B, X, Y or Z ?

Froggie :

Aug 20, 2015

"B" and "X"... with a heavy leaning towards "X"

mm98 :

Aug 20, 2015

I'll go for option B, with the same background color as in the current version. Ex. "Backup settings" left "menu" light grey.

forseti :

Aug 20, 2015

Edit boxes have a white background in the UI so I don't think Options A and Y are consistent. Option Z with the light grey menu background, retaining the light blue highlight from Option A when selected might be closest for consistency. I don't think the heavy blue in Options B and X looks in keeping either.

sguergachi :

Aug 20, 2015

Definitely option A flat. The others don't feel like they belong or are too distracting.

sguergachi :

Aug 20, 2015

I think Option X could work too, the blue and white combination in Option B seems to detract attention from the content, more so than deserved.

Option Y feels incongruent with the rest of the app, with the arrow shape and border (plus the location where the arrow points does confuse, as mentioned, with a tooltip like appearance for the fields).

Option Z feels a bit too out of focus, almost intentionally hidden/grayed out.

Alex Pankratov :

Aug 21, 2015

Alright. Thank you, gentlemen.

As per usual, it sounds like this needs to be configurable :)

Also, based on how I went about the same thing in the past - just need to do one version, live with it for a week, then try another for another week and compare. One will always come out better than the other.

Alex Pankratov :

Aug 24, 2015

Made another pass to see how to handle transitional animations - https://bvckup2.com/wip/24082015

Thoughts? (Don't mind styling of the selected item, that's configurable).

forseti :

Aug 26, 2015

Seems fine to me - the menu is consistent with the jobs list which is also a menu I suppose - light blue highlight on a white background.

MikeK :

Aug 28, 2015

B - clearest for me.

Create
Made by Pipemetrics in Switzerland
Support

Follow
Twitter
Dev blog
Miscellanea Press resources
Testimonials
On robocopy