The support forum

Diskovery forum

cakeAnyone :

May 10, 2016

There is no Diskovery forum? I think it deserves it!

Anyhow I've installed this piece of cake and found that my disk supports UDMA but the status is Off. How do I turn on the status?

And while I'm there, it would be nice if this tool could change and tweak those features.  

Thanks for making another great tool for us!

Froggie :

May 10, 2016

I don't believe UDMA is used in anything other than IDE connected drives, regardless of its status.  I think that's a LEGACY item used in the older PATA connected drives and not used in the SATA environment at all.

I could well be wrong, though...  :-)

Bamit :

Jun 14, 2016

Alex, This morning I updated my beta version of 0.9.3.0 to the current available beta version of 0.9.4.0 and the downloaded program name is just "get"

I don't know if this is intentional, but the average person is probably not going to know how to rename the file to (lets say) diskovery-0.9.4.0.exe  to make it work.

Hope this helps....

Alex Pankratov :

Jun 14, 2016

Thanks, Bamit. We were tidying up on the server. Must've overdone it a bit. Will check in a moment.

Alex Pankratov :

Jun 14, 2016

Should be OK now.

mnl :

Aug 30, 2019

Hi there! Just posting this here because, indeed, there is no Diskovery forum.

Thank you for making it freeware. I would love to see the following three very little things implemented sometime soon if possible:
- Minimize to Tray (while still in portable mode).
- Automatic Rescan (with personalized time intervals).
- Health Alerts (a very simple tray icon status change after a rescan would do it, maybe email alerts).

First post, let me say that I’m a fan. If your obsessive design and rigorous support are any indication of the way you code, and something tells me that in deed they are, then you have something really special going on here, a style that should be the norm for utility programs such as these.

I’m just an “unsupported beta” user waiting for a couple of features to be implemented (1. hash checking, 2. file versioning & 3. built-in SMART monitoring) so I can finally get on board and buy the thing.

But this is all beside the point, the actual point being: I think Diskovery needs just a couple of very (VERY) little things to be able to temporarily fill the “disk health monitoring void” of Bvckup2 and/or replace CrystalDiskInfo as the definitive freeware disk utility. Don’t you think?

Cheers and congrats!

Alex Pankratov :

Aug 31, 2019

Thanks, glad you like the program.

Diskovery is meant for occasional use - you run it, look at the stats, exit.

It can indeed be reworked into a _monitoring_ software, and that's always been on my todo list, but more likely than not it will not be a freeware.

2. file versioning

https://bvckup2.com/support/forum/topic/502/2958

This will get reworked slightly though, to avoid attaching date/time tags to the archived items themselves and instead just placing them into the timestamp-labeled top-level folders. But the git-based archiving is now on the back burner and not going to happen in any foreseeable future.

Create
Made by IO Bureau in Switzerland
Support

Updates
Blog / RSS
Follow Twitter
Reddit
Miscellanea Press kit
Testimonials
Company Imprint

Legal Terms
Privacy