Plodding through some grunt work with the new website. An almost equal split between working on a copy, javascript and styling.

As simple as the screencap looks, it came with two hurdles that needed solving.
The header font, Alte Haas Grotesk, didn't display correctly after it was converted to the @font-face kit. Specifically, the lowercase 'o' looked like this:

The font's free, but I couldn't find a copy of its license, so I started tracking down font's author to ask a permission to edit the outlines.

While waiting for a reply, I found another workaround which involved generating the webfont kit from OTFs instead of TTFs. Not a big deal, but it still took over 3 hours to resolve.


The second issue was with the slide-out, fade-in animation. Sometimes the slide-out didn't extend all the way down and sometimes it overshot. This traced back to the fact that slide-out height was computed before the OpenSans was fully loaded and the script fused basic sans-serif to compute the height.

Again, not too complicated, but, again, cost an hour to work through.

:-|

Little bit of this, little bit of that - all unplanned and it all adds up.